Options: GCSEs and equivalents
how do Year 9 students choose their options?
Year 9 students should follow this process for choosing their options to study from September 2021:
- All Year 9 students have been sent an email to their school email account from Mr Griffiths, Deputy Headteacher, which outlines the process.
- There are three pathways: blue, pink and yellow. The email from Mr Griffiths tells you which pathway you are on.
- Read the Options Booklet for your pathway, which was included in the email from Mr Griffiths.
- Watch the videos below about the options process and individual subjects.
- Discuss your options with your family.
- You will be sent details about when you will have an interview with a member of the Options Team. You can use this opportunity to ask any questions you may haven.
- Once you have had your interview, you can fill in the Online Options Form - the link to this was in the email from Mr Griffiths.
- The Online Options Form goes live on Thursday 28 January and must be submitted by Friday 26 February 2021. It can only be accessed during these times.
- Please note that you can only complete the form when you are logged in to your school email.
- If you have any problems with your form please contact Miss J Robinson (Head of Year) or Mrs K Kubon (Pastoral Manager).
video about choosing your options
A presentation from Mr Griffiths, Deputy Headteacher, for Year 9 students and their families about choosing your Key Stage 4 options.
Videos about subjects
art and design (fine art)
dance (physical education)
enterprise (business studies)
health and social care
hospitality and catering
languages (french and spanish)