Headteacher's update 32
Published on 25/06/20
I hope you and your families are all well. Thank you for continuing to support your child with their remote learning.
Year 10 Face-to-Face Lessons Expansion
We are delighted that the face-to-face teaching that has been taking place for students in Year 10 since Monday 15th June has been really successful. Attendance and attitudes to learning have been excellent. We are now confident we can safely expand our provision by teaching each Year 10 student a science lesson, as well as English and maths lessons on the days that they come to school. This will mean:
- Each student will be taught a one-hour English lesson, followed by a one-hour maths lesson, followed by a one-hour science lesson.
- Each group will have a 15 minute break after their maths lesson that will be spent in their teaching space.
- Students are encouraged to bring with them some water and a snack to have during their break to keep them well-fuelled for three hours of learning!
- We will send individual messages to students in each teaching group to inform them of the times they will need to arrive at school and the times that their sessions will end. Arrival times will change for students in groups ‘C’ and ‘D’.
- All other expectations of students with regard to social distancing and conduct will remain the same.
You will be aware that all remote lessons for students in Year 10 are now happening on Microsoft Teams, and that lessons for students in Years 7 to 9 will begin on Teams from Monday. There have been some inevitable teething problems with regard to the first three days of Teams lessons with Year 10, however many students have reported that they have had a better experience of remote learning.
Please could parents/carers of students in Years 7 to 9 ensure that they have downloaded the Teams App, which is free, and have completed the ICT remote learning they were set recently which will support them in using Teams to access remote lessons from Monday.
Many thanks for your continued support,
Head of Westfield School