Our new ARKS ethos encourages every member of the Westfield Community to be:
This ethos underpins every aspect of school life. You can read more about the vertical ARKS Groups and Tutors here.
What you can expect from Westfield School
- We believe that all of you can achieve incredible things.
- We are ambitious for you and have the highest expectations of what you can achieve, in and out of the classroom.
- We will be ready to support you in your learning with exciting, challenging lessons.
- We will show you unconditional positive regard, and will support you to achieve beyond expectation, in and out of the classroom.
- We will listen to you, and be polite.
- We will not tolerate bullying or aggressive behaviour.
- We will do everything we can to keep you safe in and out of school.
What we expect from our students
- Take pride in your work and don't give up.
- Have a 'can do' attitude, think hard and have goals.
- Believe in yourself and take on challenges.
- Come to school in the right uniform, with the right equipment and on time.
- Have your mobiles off and move purposefully between lessons.
- Apply yourself to homework and revision.
- Support one another, report any bullying and celebrate our differences.
- Be polite, smile and say hello!
- Be here on time, every day and respect the school environment.
- Don't take risks online and report any bullying.
- No violent or aggressive behaviour, move around school sensibly.
- If you are worried, talk to us!