Title of qualification
What will I learn?
- Devised practical work using a range of styles and stimuli.
- Development of practical skills using a range of dramatic devices.
- Performance from a text.
- Analysing a set text as an actor, designer and director.
How will this course be assessed?
- Component 1 - Devising Theatre (40%)
- Component 2 - Performing from a text (20%)
- Component 3 - Interpreting Theatre (40%)
What skills do I need?
- Literacy- the ability to read and write fluently.
- Listening skills.
- The ability to co-operate in group activities.
- Presentational skills (both spoken and written).
What is next for me after this course?
GCSE Drama provides the opportunity to explore the range of skills involved in devising and performing drama. Students will devise original work as well as performing extracts from plays written by other people. The course develops understanding of theatre genres and practitioners as well as the development of skills needed to work with others, problem solve and communicate. Drama will help pupils to feel more self-confident and prepare them to deal with a range of different situations. Communication skills, creativity and critical thinking are essential for all Post 16 subject areas. Skills and techniques developed in Drama may be continued in a wide range of A-level courses including: English Language, English Literature, Combined Language & Literature, Studies and Film Studies.
Are there any restrictions with this course?