Title of qualification
What will I learn?
- You will develop a variety of reading, writing, listening and speaking skills in the French language.
- You will learn how to use the French language in a real context!
- The GCSE covers topics that have been touched on in KS3, but go into more depth. This includes family and relationships, hobbies, holidays, town and environment, the working world and education.
- You will also learn about French culture festivals.
How will this course be assessed?
- 25% Reading skills.
- 25% Listening skills.
- 25% Speaking skills.
- 25% Writing skills.
- All these skills are assessed at the end of year 11 in final exams.
What skills do I need?
Reading, writing, listening and speaking skills in French (Y7-9 knowledge).
What is next for me after this course?
You will develop your communication skills in another language, and this can lead to jobs in engineering, business, hospitality, translation, ICT…the world is your oyster when you learn another language! Employers look for people who can speak another language, as it shows they have excellent communication skills. Following this course, you can take further qualifications, including A-Level, in French.
Are there any restrictions with this course?
You will continue to study the French language that you have been studying since Year 7.