GCSE Photographic Communication
Title of qualification
Art & Design (Graphic Communication)
What will I learn?
- How to develop written analysis and annotate work of existing artists and photographers from a graphical perspective.
- Digital photography skills.
- Photographic manipulation using Photoshop to enhance images.
- Creative design- developing and refining ideas to produce a final response to projects.
- Typography and font design.
How will this course be assessed?
- Coursework 60% of final grade- Project based
- Examination 40% of final grade- Project based
What skills do I need?
- Literacy – the ability to read and write fluently
- Creativity- to be able to create, present and analyse interesting imagery based upon a theme
- Time management- the ability to manage time effectively and meet deadlines
What is next for me after this course?
Creativity and critical thinking are essential for all Post 16 subject areas and a good GCSE in Photographic Communication would be desirable for students who have an interest in taking this subject at A-level or have an interest in other creative areas such as Art, Graphic Design, Film and Media studies.
Are there any restrictions with this course?
This course is a GCSE subject and is open to students of all abilities.