Title of qualification
GCSE Art and Design (Photography)
What will I learn?
- How to develop written analysis and annotate work of existing artists and photographers
- Digital photography skills
- Photographic manipulation using Photoshop to enhance images
- Creative design- developing and refining ideas to produce a final response to projects
How will this course be assessed?
- Coursework 60% of final grade - project based.
- Examination 40% of final grade - project based.
What skills do I need?
- Literacy- the ability to read and write
- Creativity- to be able to create, present and analyse interesting imagery based upon a theme
- Time management- the ability to manage time effectively and meet deadlines
What is next for me after this course?
Creativity and critical thinking are essential for all Post 16 subject areas and a good GCSE in Photography would be desirable for students who have an interest in taking this subject at A-level or have an interest in other creative areas such as Art, Graphics, Film and Media studies.
Are there any restrictions with this course?
This course is a GCSE subject and is open to students of all abilities.