GSCE Physical Education
Title of qualification
GCSE Physical Education
What will I learn?
- Table Tennis.
Paper 1: Fitness and Body Systems • Applied anatomy and physiology • Movement analysis • Physical training • Use of data
Paper 2: Health and performance • Health, fitness wellbeing • Sport psychology • Socio-cultural influences
How will this course be assessed?
- Paper 1 – Written examination: 1 hour and 45 minutes – 36%
- Paper 2 – Written examination: 1 hour and 15 minutes – 24%
- Practical Performance – Assessed in three sports, one individual sport, one team sport and one option – 30%
- Coursework Personal Exercise Programme – 10%
What skills do I need?
- Outstanding in at least one sport.
- Good level of physical fitness.
- Team worker.
- Literacy Skills.
What is next for me after this course?
This course will prepare you for any further education courses in sport and physical education, whether A-level or vocational qualifications. You will develop numerous transferable skills in leadership, communication, teamwork and data analysis. These skills can lead to a variety of employment opportunities in a range of different areas, for example, recreational management, leisure activities, coaching, the fitness industry, the armed forces or public services.
Are there any restrictions with this course?
You can’t take both GCSE and OCR PE qualification together.