The purpose of this agreement is to outline and affirm the importance of a strong partnership between parents/carers, students and school working effectively together in order to reach our goal of ‘Outstanding Achievement for All’.
Westfield is an inclusive School where everyone is a learner. All individuals in Westfield School are valued for who they are and what they bring. We are dedicated to promoting high quality learning opportunities for everyone in an environment that is safe, secure and happy, and where people are kind to one-another. We are highly ambitious for all our students, and we strive to encourage all to reach their fullest potential and develop the well-being, aspirations and community belonging of all its unique individuals.
At Westfield School we expect all members of our community to be:
- We will show resilience and determination to achieve beyond expectation.
- We will take pride in producing work of excellent quality.
- We will take on challenges with positivity.
- We will seek out and act on feedback to ensure we are always learning and improving.
- We will have the highest expectations of attitudes to learning, and will not accept behaviours that prevent excellent learning from taking place.
- We will attend on time, every day, dressed appropriately and fully equipped for learning.
- We will plan and prepare to ensure learning opportunities are maximised.
- We will be respectful and courteous to one-another, celebrating and learning from our differences.
- We will always be polite and display good manners.
- We will respect and take care of the school environment and the wider environment.
- We will relish opportunities to make a positive contribution to the wider community.
- We will always challenge and never involve ourselves in violent or dangerous behaviour.
- We will always report/challenge bullying, be it physical, verbal or online.
- We will always share and act on concerns relating to the safety and wellbeing of others.
In addition to the above, Westfield School will:
- Work hard to ensure outstanding achievement for all our students.
- Be polite, appreciative and supportive towards students, parents and carers.
- Inform parents of their child’s progress through regular reporting and parents’ evenings.
- Communicate with parents and aim to respond to queries efficiently within 3 days.
- Support parents in their understanding of social media and ways they can appropriately support their child in using it safely.
- Provide a safe and pleasant working environment for students.
As parents/carers I/we will:
- Make sure my child attends on time, every day, in full uniform and fully equipped for learning.
- Ensure my child follows the school’s uniform policy.
- Support the school’s policy of rewarding achievement and positive attitudes to learning, and challenging/sanctioning negative behaviour and attitudes to learning.
- Provide an explanation as soon as possible if my child is absent, in line with the school attendance policy.
- Recognise that excellent attendance and outstanding achievement go hand-in-hand and therefore refrain from taking holidays during term time.
- Attend parents’ evenings.
- Be polite, appreciative and supportive to each member of the school staff.
- Actively support and encourage home learning and ensure its completion.
- Ensure the appropriate use of social media and help my child to understand the consequences of its misuse.
- Communicate with school using the relevant channels of communication.
- Understand that students’ personal property is their responsibility and the school accepts no liability for loss or damage.
Parent/Carer signature: __________________________ Date: ______________