Our Curriculum Intent:
Our Expressive Arts faculty share our school's commitment to implementing a curriculum that:
- Is ambitious for every student
- Develops students' social and cultural capital
- Supports ambitious next steps
To ensure this happens our aim is for:
- Expressive arts to act as a catalyst for social and cultural development
- Students to access an engaging curriculum that represents and celebrates the diverse society that we all live in
- Students to have opportunities as groups and individuals to seek and find self-fulfilment and awareness through fostering a ‘can do’ attitude and positive, resilient mindset
- Students to have an enriched experience, enjoying rewarding activities that inspire, inform, stimulate, challenge and entertain
More information about the content and sequencing of our music curriculum can be found via the link below to our Learning Journey and the links to the left.
For more information about music at Westfield, please contact Ms R Blackburn, Faculty Leader for Expressive Arts.