Year 8 History
In this year we cover:
- Why did Britain have an Empire? What was Britain's role in the slave trade? How has slavery been portrayed?
- From the 1860s to 1960s: to what extent were African Americans free?
- Votes for Women! Why was there a campaign for women to vote?
- Trench warfare: what was it like to be a solider in the First World War?
- What consequences did the First World War have for Europe? What did dictatorship take such a hold on Europe in the inter war years?
- Why did the German people vote for Hitler? How did life change under the Nazis for key groups?