Title of qualification
Level 1/2 Cambridge National Certificate in Creative iMedia
OCR Cambridge Nationals
What will I learn?
The Cambridge Nationals in Creative iMedia will equip learners with a range of creative media skills and provide opportunities to develop, in context, desirable, transferable skills such as research, planning, and review, working with others and communicating creative concepts effectively. Through the use of these skills, learners will ultimately be creating fit-for-purpose creative media products. The Cambridge Nationals in Creative iMedia will also challenge all learners, including high attaining learners, by introducing them to demanding material and techniques; encouraging independence and creativity and providing tasks that engage with the most taxing aspects of the National Curriculum.
How will this course be assessed?
- R082- Creating digital graphics (controlled assessment).
- R081- Pre- Production (Written paper 1 hour 15 minutes).
- 2 other chosen units for controlled assessment.
What skills do I need?
Learners who are taking courses leading to any of these qualifications should normally have followed a corresponding Key Stage 3 Programme of Study in ICT within the National Curriculum. There is no requirement for learners to achieve any special qualifications prior to undertaking these qualifications.
What is next for me after this course?
Cambridge National in Creative iMedia is effective preparation for a range of qualifications including:
- Cambridge Technical – IT Level 3 or Digital Media Level 3 (these are OCR vocational qualifications that offer an alternative to A levels for students aged 16+).
- Students could also consider moving into A-level Computer Science.
- There are many different careers that this qualification could help you move towards.
Are there any restrictions with this course?