I am extremely proud to lead Westfield School and am determined to work alongside students, staff, parents, carers and governors to ensure Westfield becomes the outstanding school it clearly has the potential to be.
My role is to ensure that students receive the education, support and opportunities they need to achieve incredible things. They deserve the very best education possible and that is why I am delighted that we are working with Chorus Education Trust to make this happen. As a parent I know that the happiness of our children, alongside success - be it academic, sporting or creative - is our top priority. We are committed to supporting and challenging everyone in the school community to achieve incredible things, to ensure both success and happiness in the short and long term.
Our school sits at the centre of the community. We pride ourselves on developing and maintaining close relationships with parents, carers, local businesses, community groups and the Family of Schools, which have ensured that we have tremendously strong foundations on which to build.
Westfield's proud history and strong reputation for sporting success is being built upon and developed, in areas such as languages, mathematics, the arts, sciences, engineering and humanities. To secure the very best for every student we have very clear school improvement priorities:
- To ensure every student receives a high quality education and therefore achieves outstanding outcomes through:
- Our ambitious, diverse and challenging curriculum.
- Excellent, responsive teaching.
- To ensure every student behaves well, has an excellent attitude to learning and is kept safe through:
- Our strong system of rewards and sanctions, Positive Discipline.
- Our work to support students to develop excellent Attitudes to Learning.
- Excellent pastoral care.
These priorities are underpinned by a commitment to continually develop and improve leadership at all levels.
These are the goals against which you can measure our progress, that I am resolute in my commitment to achieving.
Mr Joe Birkbeck
Head of Westfield School