GCSE Art & Design (Fine Art)
Title of qualification
GCSE Art and Design - Fine Art
What will I learn?
- Observational Drawing
- Painting Skills
- Mixed Media
- Photography and Photograph Manipulation
- Written Analysis of an Artist/Work/Style
- Annotation Skills
- Creative Design
- 3D Design
How will this course be assessed?
- Coursework 60% of final grade- Project based
- Examination 40% of final grade- Project based
What skills do I need?
- Literacy- the ability to read and write
- Creativity- to be able to create, present and analyse interesting imagery
- Time management- the ability to manage time effectively and meet deadlines
What is next for me after this course?
Creativity and critical thinking are essential for all Post 16 subject areas. A good GCSE in Art and Design would be desirable for students who have an interest in taking subjects at A level or have an interest in other creative areas such as Photography, Graphics, Film and Media studies and Textiles.
Are there any restrictions with this course?
This course is a GCSE subject and is open to students of all abilities.