Our Curriculum Intent:
Our maths faculty share our school's commitment to implementing a curriculum that:
- Is ambitious for every student
- Develops students' social and cultural capital
- Supports ambitious next steps
To ensure this happens our aim is for:
- Teachers to model excellent methods for students
- Teachers to know what students know through effective checking for understanding this and to use this knowledge to support students to make progress
- Students to be given opportunities to behave as mathematicians
- Students to develop a love of maths
- Students to be able to access ambitious next steps as a consequence of their confidence and competence in maths
More information about the content and sequencing of our maths curriculum can be found via the links to the left.
For more information about maths at Westfield, please contact Ms J Scatchard, Faculty Leader for English.
Please also follow our Twitter page for updates, photographs of students' work and useful links: @WestfieldMaths