We aim to open as usual every day. In the event of adverse weather conditions, we will follow the following procedures, ensuring that weather conditions are monitored on an ongoing basis and the site is checked regularly.
Please do not ring the school to enquire regarding status. We are open unless indicated otherwise via the communications methods listed below.
In the event of adverse weather conditions the school will make every effort to make the site safe and accessible to all students and staff. However, there may be occasions in which delayed opening, partial closure (for instance to certain year groups) or full closure are necessary. A decision about any potential closure will be communicated to all parents/carers and staff by 7am via the following methods:
- On the school website as the highlighted news item.
- On the school's official Twitter and Facebook accounts.
- As a message sent to all parents via Weduc or text message or email*.
- School staff will also receive a Weduc message or a text message.
- We will also notify the local authority, Sheffield Council, who will update their school closures website at: https://www.sheffield.gov.uk/schoolclosures
- You can also register for school closure alerts at that webpage.
- The local radio stations will also be notified.
In making any decision regarding change to our usual arrangements, we are mindful of the health and safety of all concerned as well as understanding the difficulties families may have in terms of planning in advance, finding childcare etc. We will do our very best to make sure that any decisions are the right ones given the information available to us and that they are communicated to you in good time.
Parents need to make their own judgement regarding the safety of their journey to and from school. If driving to school, please park considerately, given the possible increase in traffic.
Thank you for your support and cooperation.
*Weduc will be the preferred method of communication and will be used as the main means of contact for those parents who have registered. Text messages/emails will be used to communicate with parents/carers who have not registered with Weduc.